- Preview new technologies for 2018 in financial and secure ID card issuance
- Accompanying the unique ‘MDM’ architecture are three recently launched, yet unseen, modules.
- Two new products include S3200HD DUO (financial) and the LCP8000 + FEM (government)
Munich, Germany, Monday 20, November, 2017, – Matica Technologies AG announced its attendance at Trustech2017, the largest global event for trust-based technologies. Matica will reveal pioneering new technology and product releases with a comprehensive portfolio of financial instant issuance and secure ID card issuance at booth Riviera C 050 between 28 – 30 November at The Palais des Festivals, Cannes.
Matica’s range of financial card issuance products is enhanced by the demonstration of Matica’s Desktop Module (MDM)’ architecture, a conceptual infrastructure, which brings unprecedented benefits of increased productivity and scalability and potential savings to users, system integrators and service bureaus. Alongside the MDM are three newly launched, ‘game-changing’ modules: Dual Feeder’, Feeder Encoder Module (FEM) and a desktop embosser, described in more detail below.
Visitors to Trustech will also see Matica’s S3200HD DUO (financial), the 600dpi financial printer that issues high quality credit and debit cards, which can be combined with the MDM’s Dual Feeder’ in order to issue two types of cards. The new generation desktop card printer for heavy-duty issuance, XID9300e’, will be on view with 2 FEMs – and the company’s latest laser color personalization system, LCP8000’ for government projects, will be available for special appointments.
But what is at the heart of this technology? For the first time, Matica will also present the Matica Desktop Suite (MDS)’ architecture allowing card job monitoring, proper job parallelization and reducing integration efforts for system integrators and software editors.
MDS allows USB and TCP/IP (Ethernet) connections, supporting the new IPSC Smart Controller developed for those in need to operate their personalization devices over LAN and WAN.
“This year, Matica Technologies was named a “game-changer” by a leading industry analyst and I believe our MDM architecture played an integral part in this. We are transforming the process of desktop card issuance to fundamentally improve the procedures – and the results – to support customers’ evolving needs,” said Sandro Camilleri, CEO, Matica Technologies Group.
“Providing full flexibility and scalability to users is increasingly critical and lies at the heart of our design and engineering,” continued Sandro. “We leverage our experience as a long established, successful technology company that grew from specializing in central issuance to create new products, which can respond to the world’s most demanding ambitions in the secure card industry.”
“We look forward to the 2017 Trustech show where we can showcase our evolving portfolio and meet old industry friends and create new ones. Aside from our technology, we have a superb reputation for customer service – the show is an excellent opportunity to experience that first-hand. I’m consistently proud of our international team and innovations and at a show like Trustech, it makes me proud to see it in full view!”
Matica will present the following products at Trustech
FINANCIAL INSTANT ISSUANCE (FII) AND GOVERNMENT ID PROJECTS
Demonstrating Matica’s latest advances in FII with one of the largest portfolios in the market, alongside its established presence in the government sector, the MDM concept and its modules bring an improved efficiency and productivity to card issuance.
- Matica’s Desktop Module (MDM)’ architecture, which allows selected desktop modules (see below) to synthesize organically in order to build small to large bespoke personalization solutions. Offering unprecedented levels of flexibility, MDM lets customers start with a basic configuration, (largely a retransfer printer), and easily build upon it as business needs change.
- MDM Feeder Encoding Module (FEM) – unique technology raises levels of autonomy and comes with up to 3 integrated internal encoders automating parallel processing. Developed modularity allows it to be combined with several types of desktop issuance technologies such as retransfer printers, laser engravers and desktop embossers. The FEM can be added to a system up to four times so a standard printer’s card input of 200 cards is increased to 350 cards and has the potential to quadruple to produce 1,400 cards.
- Dual Feeder’ Module– a new option that can issue two types of cards simultaneously and can be used in conjunction with the S3200 Series, (for in-branch issuance of flat credit and debit cards) and the XID8000 Series (for ID applications).
- S3200HD DUO – financial retransfer card printer with the MDM Dual Feeder module allows users to handle two types of cards, such as Mastercard and VISA, at the same time, providing a compact and affordable solution. Composed of two removable cartridges, it ensures easy and reliable loading while an exception slot is always available for slow runners allowing the issue of a third type of card if necessary.
GOVERNMENT ID SOLUTIONS
Already leaders in the field, Matica’s proven portfolio for government ID contains technologically advanced products for high-security documents issuance. Used for: national ID programs, drivers’ licenses, high security ID cards for military, police and ID cards for ports and airport personnel.
- NEW XID9x00e Series – a modular, heavy-duty retransfer card issuance solution based on the proven XID retransfer printer, which is available in 300dpi and 600dpi. It is part of the MDM architecture and combines newly developed card feeder and encoder modules for parallel task processing.
- LCP8000 + FEM – a high performance color and laser personalization system and again, part of the MDM concept. Can be combined with FEM to enhance productivity and flexibility creating a unique system for this market. Used to issue highly secure ID cards such as national IDs but also vehicle registration, healthcare cards and university IDs.
SECURE CORPORATE ID CARD ISSUANCE
The portfolio provides a wide range of direct-to-card and retransfer printing technologies.
- The popular Espresso II, a proprietary direct-to-card printer often used for membership, loyalty, transit, education and corporate ID applications.
- XID8100 entry-level retransfer (300dpi) card printer and XID8600 (600dpi) retransfer printer with over-the-edge printing for durable and long lasting ID cards.
- XL8300 oversized card printer, an innovative retransfer printer for oversized XL cards in the market. Perfectly positioned for the event and conference management industries.
Availability of referenced products
About Matica Technologies
Matica Technologies Group is a fast growing and innovative global company, which develops, manufactures and markets a vast range of products in the secure ID, and payments, industries.
The Matica Group has a strong international network, operating globally providing local sales and services through its offices in Germany, Italy, France, India, Singapore, China, the USA and the UAE. The company supports thousands of customers with its global network of certified resellers, value added distributors and integration partners.
For further information, please visit:www.maticatech.com